- Travel agents and tour operators that are expanding their portfolio to Japan.
- Tour leaders having limited or no experience with Japan.
- Sales staff promoting individual/tour packages to Japan.
Why this workshop and what will you learn
The fascinating and exotic appeal from Japan is partially due to the fact that the culture, language, food, nature, scenery and climate are all vastly different from what we know in Belgium and the Netherlands. Because of these big differences it is important that you have a professional understanding in all key aspects of a trip in Japan.
This workshop offers insights to assess the commercial offers and packages and practical tools when guiding journeys to Japan.
- Introduction to the Japanese culture
- Landscape, climate and seasons
- Most important cities and regions (customisable on request)
- Basic travel etiquette and first insight in the language
- Practical information :
- plane, train, city transport
- apps (planning, dictionary, weather, safety)
- Japanese cuisine
Speaker : Marc Popelier
Marc Popelier is the author/photographer of “Sights and Scenes of Japan” and owner of Japanadvice.be. Marc is frequently speaking about Japan for the business community. He has been more than 100 times in Japan for business and leisure and is well placed to guide you.
Fees and Practicalities
- Taal / Language: Nederlands or English
- Duration: 3 hours split by a coffee break
- Venue: Office of Japanadvice.be in Brussels or at the customer
- 1 person 275 EUR.
- + 25 EUR for every additional person of the same company
- (max 4 participants)
- excl. transport cost (when applicable € 0,30 per/km)
- terms : fee is payable min. 5 days before the training
- Included in the fee:
- Free copy of the book “Sights and Scenes of Japan” for each participant
- A copy of the DK Eyewitness travel guide Japan, latest edition per company