Travel agents, tour operators and tour leaders that want to have a competitive advantage. Unlock the full touristic potential of Japan, ahead of the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. Prerequisite is a first travel experience in Japan and/or workshop I.
Why this workshop and what will you learn
This course will give you a competitive advantage when organising and offering tour packages to Japan. It will give an in-depth view of “the spirit of Japan”, learn how to deal with the Japanese mind-set when things don’t go according to plan, learn very attractive niche destinations and activities and learn how to actually use a dictionary, navigate with public transport, analyse the local weather forecast and some other extremely useful apps.
- Understand the milestones of the 2000-year Japanese history
- Climate by region and season, local weather forecast, typhoon and earthquake information
- Cross cultural etiquette when dealing with Japanese business partners, tour guides, hotel staff: welcome, departure, gifts, negotiation, handling complaints, reservation issues, tips, payment
- Gain insight in the Japanese language system to allow to use hands-on a dictionary
- Transport app for train and subway
- Special destinations and activities that add a great touch to a trip to Japan : Noh, Kabuki, sports events, culture and food workshops, onsen, theme parks, golf, ski
Speaker : Marc Popelier
Marc Popelier is the author/photographer of “Sights and Scenes of Japan” and owner of Japanadvice.be. Marc is frequently speaking about Japan for the business community. He has been more than 100 times in Japan for business and leisure and is well placed to guide you.
Fees and Practicalities
- Taal / Language: Nederlands or English
- Duration: 3 hours split by a coffee break
- Venue: Office of Japanadvice.be in Brussels or at the customer
- 1 person 275 EUR.
- + 25 EUR for every additional person of the same company
- (max 4 participants)
- excl. transport cost (when applicable € 0,30 per/km)
- terms : fee is payable min. 5 days before the training
- Included in the fee:
- Free copy of the book “Sights and Scenes of Japan” for each participant
- A copy of the DK Eyewitness travel guide Japan, latest edition per company